Selling your vehicle? Want to know how to get max value for it?
When you decide to go out and buy a new vehicle, how would you feel when you show up to have a look at it, and it is just a mess. Low tire pressure, burnt out headlight, broken wiper blade, the exterior is dirty, interior is dirty, coffee spills and stains in the cup holders and on the console, and about a 1000 calories of McDonalds french fries on the floor. Now looking at the price tag and seeing this, does it entice you to buy this vehicle? I highly doubt it!!
When you decide to sell your vehicle there is nothing wrong with wanting to get top dollar for it. With that being said you need to make sure that the vehicle is appealing to the potential buyer. Most of the stuff that needs to be done to a vehicle to get it ready for a sale is fairly cheap, and can be done by yourself. Here are some small things you can do to your vehicle to help increase the value of it!
- Make sure the vehicle is properly washed and dried off! The first thing anyone is going to see is the exterior.
- Make sure the tires are properly inflated to the appropriate tire pressure.
- Make sure there are no burnt out lights, broken wiper blades, hub caps, etc..
- Get it serviced!! if you can do the work great, if you can’t get a professional to change the oil, check all the fluids, and make sure the vehicle is mechanically sound.
- Last but not least, have the interior cleaned! Your potential customer will thank you for it! It shows that you care for the entire vehicle and not just the exterior!
This is just some of the small things you can do to help keep the value of your ride, and some things to look for when you are in the market of purchasing a different vehicle!